When is Election Day?
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 7 AM to 8 PM!
- Find your polling location here!
Early Voting (Officially “Absentee in Person”)
Story County Administration Building in Nevada
Weekdays, Wednesday October 13th – Monday, November 1st, 8 AM-4:30 PM
ISU Scheman Building
Thursday, October 14th, 10 AM-4 PM
ISU Memorial Union
Friday, October 22, 10 AM – 4 PM
Ames Public Library
Saturday, October 30th, 10 AM-4 PM
What are we voting on?
- 3 open seats for Ames Community School District Board Member. You can choose any candidates. You do not have to vote for or against all candidates in a slate.
- 4 seats for Ames City Council positions
- Mayor of Ames
- Absentee Request Form – DOMESTIC voters (your ballot request form must be received by Monday, October 18!)
- Election laws have changed! Please note that the Story County Auditor must receive your completed ballot by November 2. With mail delays, we encourage you to put your completed ballot in the mail by Tuesday, October 26, or drive it to the Auditor’s office in Nevada.
- Absentee Voting Information (Iowa Secretary of State)
- Track Your Absentee Ballot (Iowa Secretary of State)
How to return your absentee (mail) ballot
By Mail. A return envelope is provided with pre-paid postage. All ballots must be received in the Auditor’s Office by the close of polls on Election Day in order to be considered for counting.
In Person. You or a member of your household or immediate family may deliver your ballot to the Auditor’s Office up until 8 p.m. on Election Day (Tuesday, Nov. 2). Completed ballots may not be dropped off or used at polling locations.
By Delivery Agent. Disabled voters ONLY may designate someone else to mail or deliver the voted ballot. The instructions included in your mailed absentee ballot packet include a receipt, if you choose to designate a delivery agent.